Celebrate Earth Day with this valentine to our wonderful planet from the Newbery Award–winning author ofSarah, Plain and Tall.
Our friend Earth does so many wonderful things! She tends to animals large and small. She pours down summer rain and autumn leaves. She sprinkles whisper-white snow and protects the tiny seeds waiting for spring.
Readers of all ages will pore over the pages of this spectacular book. Its enticing die-cut pages encourage exploration as its poetic text celebrates everything Earth does for us, all the while reminding us to be a good friend in return.
• Interactive format and kid-friendly art will engage both toddlers and young readers.
• A celebration of the natural world and rallying cry for positive action for Planet Earth
• Great opportunities to share life science concepts and amazing facts about the environment with children
This beautiful and innovative ode to our natural world will appeal to readers ofHere We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth,The Poet's Dog, andThank You, Earth.
• Read aloud books for kids ages 3-5
• Earth books for kids
• Climate change books for kids
Patricia MacLachlan is an acclaimed author who has written dozens of books—from picture books to novels—including the Newbery Medal winnerSarah, Plain and Tall and the Barkus series, also published by Chronicle Books. She lives in western Massachusetts.
Francesca Sanna grew up on the Italian island of Sardinia. She studied illustration at the School of Visual Arts in New York and the Academy of Art and Design in Lucerne. Her bookThe Journey received five starred reviews and was lauded by theNew York Times and theGuardian. Francesca currently lives in Zurich, but you can visit her at francescasanna.com.