The brilliant follow-up to the Caldecott Honor-winning andNew York Times bestselling picture bookThey All Saw a Cat by Brendan Wenzel!
A Stone Sat Still tells the story of a seemingly ordinary rock—but to the animals that use it, it is a resting place, a kitchen, a safe haven...even an entire world.
This is a gorgeous exploration of perspective, perception, and the passage of time, with an underlying environmental message that is timely and poignant.
• Filled with stunning illustrations in cut paper, pencil, collage, and paint
• Soothing rhythms invite reading aloud and bedtime snuggles
• Introduces concepts like color, size, function, and time in a way that is easily understandable and teachable for children
With a rhythmic, calming narrative about the stone and its place in the world—and the changing environment—A Stone Sat Still proves Brendan Wenzel's mastery of the picture book form.
This modern children's classic will enchant readers in preschool and kindergarten, as well as the adults that read with them.
• A wonderful gift for teachers, librarians, and educators who are looking to teach difficult concepts like perspective and perception
• Perfect for parents and caregivers wanting to educate their kids about the environment, nature, and animals
• Great for fans of I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen,The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle, and The Lorax by Dr. Seuss, as well as Wenzel's previous books They All Saw a Cat and Hello Hello
Bluerock Gallery Inc. acknowledges the land in which it is is situated on as the traditional territories of the Blackfoot Confederacy (Siksika, Kainai, Piikani), the Tsuut’ina, the Îyâxe Nakoda Nations, the Métis Nation (Region 3), and all people who make their homes in the Treaty 7 region of Southern Alberta.